The information provided on this website neither constitutes legal advice nor it is intended to. All the website content, images, videos, and material available on this website is for general purposes only. The content on this website may not constitute most updated legal information or otherwise. This website contains links to the other third-party websites. Such links are only to benefit the user, browser and search engines. Sonar Technologies International doesn’t recommend or endorse the contents of the third-party websites.
Sonar Technologies International values and respects the privacy of its clients and partners to a serious extent. We are committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 Commonwealth (Privacy Act) and other applicable privacy laws and regulations.
What is personal information?
“Personal information” means any information or opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. In general terms, this includes any detail/data that personally identifies you either directly (e.g., your name) or indirectly.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal details we collect about you depends on the nature of your dealings with us or what you choose to share with us.
The personal data we collect about you may include:
The personal data we collect about you may include:
- mailing or street address
- address (suburb and postcode only)
- email address
- phone number
- product of interest
You do not have to provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will give you the option to interact with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you choose to deal with us in this way or choose not to provide us with your personal data, we may not be able to provide services or/and engage in general communication otherwise.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal data directly from you when you:
- interact with us over the phone;
- interact with us in person;
- interact with us virtually;
- participate in surveys/questionnaires;
- attend a Sonar Technologies International event (virtual and real);
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- apply for a position with us as an employee, consultant, contractor or intern.
How do we use your personal information?
We use personal data for many purposes in connection with our functions and activities, including the following purposes:
- provide you with content or services that you request from us;
- deliver a personalised experience and service offering;
- improve the quality and efficiency of the services we offer;
- internal administrative;
- marketing and research;
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal details to third parties in accordance with this Policy in circumstances where you would reasonably expect us to disclose your data. For example, we may disclose your personal details to:
- our third-party service providers (for example, our IT providers);
- our marketing providers;
- our professional services advisors;
Transfer of personal information overseas
We may disclose data between our offices internationally when required having servers outside Australia.
Where we disclose your personal details to third parties overseas, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that data security and appropriate privacy practices are maintained. We will only disclose to overseas third parties if:
- you have given us your consent to disclose personal information to that third party; or
- we reasonably believe that:
- the overseas recipient is subject to a law or binding scheme that is, overall, substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Policies; and
- the law or binding scheme can be enforced; or
- the disclosure is required/compulsory or authorized by an Australian law or court / tribunal order.
How do we protect your personal information?
Sonar Technologies International will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold about you is kept confidential and secure, by:
- having a robust physical security of our premises and databases / records;
- taking measures to restrict access only to personnel who need that personal information when it is crucial to provide services to you;
- having technological measures in place (for example, anti-virus software, fire walls;
Our website uses tools to help us better understand visitor traffic, so we can improve our services. Although this data is mostly anonymous, it is possible that under certain circumstances, we may connect it to you.
You may receive direct marketing communications and information about our services, opportunities, or events that we consider may be of interest to you if you have requested or consented to receive such communications. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Australian Spam Act 2003 (Commonwealth). You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavor to use that method whenever the requirement arises.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the instructions to “unsubscribe” set out in the relevant communication / contacting us using the details mentioned on the website.
Additionally, we may also use or disclose your personal data to third parties for the purposes of advertising, including online behavioral advertising, website personalisation, and to provide targeted or retargeted advertising content to you (including through third party websites).
Retention of personal information
We will not keep your personal data for longer than we need to. In most cases, this means that we will only retain your personal details for the duration of your relationship with us unless we are required to retain your personal data to comply with applicable laws, for example, record-keeping obligations.